Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Let's Take a Walk!

I have been putting the finishing touches on tomorrow’s sermon, “Follow the Leader,” based on Philippians3:17–21. However, a sermon should never end. Pastor and congregation should apply its truths at home and in the world of work and recreation.

A bad virus (Is there such a thing as a good virus?) sidelined me this week, but I feel well enough to preach tomorrow. The warm sunshine streaming through my office window feels good on my back and causes me to think a game of golf might be good therapy early next week.

Molly, Rosie, and Sadie, my little canine office assistants are resting at my feet, but I am sure they will jump to attention when I say, ”Let’s take a walk in the park.” Funny how such a small diversion gives them so much joy!

We really don’t need to depend on big, elaborate schedule breaks to bring us joy, do we?. A vacation in Hawaii is fine, of course, but a daily walk with God beats a luau any day.

“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11).

No comments: