Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Friday, September 14, 2007

Religion or Jesus?

A prominent news TV commentator asked a well-known Christian clergyman if he believed Muslims and Jews would go to heaven. The clergyman replied, “Jesus said, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’ So, unless an individual trusts in Jesus Christ, he cannot enter heaven.”
“I don’t believe that,” the commentator retorted. “Jesus preached tolerance and acceptance. So I believe anyone who sincerely follows his religion and lives a good life will end up in heaven. I expect to see a lot of Muslims and Jews there.”
Who was right, the clergyman or the commentator? Perhaps we should ask who was right, the commentator or Jesus? Don’t you agree that Jesus, who never sinned and always spoke the truth, is the reliable authority? The fact is, only those who trust in Jesus as Savior will live forever in heaven. Neither religious affiliation nor religious fervor issues passports to heaven. Only believers in Jesus enter that beautiful and eternal home.
You have heard that all roads lead to Rome, but don’t try to get there by following Route 66 or I-70 or I-80 or I-90 or some other U.S. highway. Similarly, don’t try to get to heaven by any way that bypasses Jesus. Read John 14:6 and Acts 4:12.

No comments: