Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Closing the Generation Gap

A couple of weeks ago I finished writing a VBS course for adults. Regular Baptist Press will offer it as part of its VBS ’09 curriculum. Tomorrow, I will begin writing Regular Baptist Press’s VBS ‘09 course for fifth and sixth graders. I will have to downshift for this younger generation, but I am eager to crank up the writing machine.

Our granddaughter Kayla is a fifth grader. I plan to bounce some ideas off her. Also, some fifth and sixth grade kids in the church I serve will be goods research sources. I will be asking them questions and examining their homework.

I may even watch “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” However, I’m not sure the questions presented on the show accurately reflect what most kids learn in fifth grade. One thing is certain: after writing the VBS course, I will NOT look into the camera and say, ”I am not smarter than a fifth grader.”

By writing this VBS course, I want to help kids understand the Bible and apply it to daily life. Please pray for me as I begin to close the generation gap tomorrow.

No comments: