Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Text Message

I was in Denver Monday and Tuesday for the Jerry Jenkins Christian Writers Guild board and mentors' meetings. I have been a board member and mentor since Jerry purchased the Guild from Norm Rohrer seven years ago. The meetings convened at the Grand Hyatt, where it is rumored Barack Obama will stay during the upcoming Democratic Convention.

Before I leave soon for the midweek service at the church in Penrose, I want to express my dismay that text messaging, which has become so popular with teens, includes the frequent use of the abbreviation OMG. In case you didn’t know, OMG stands for “Oh my God!” How ironic that God’s name is profaned so casually in a country that claims to be “one nation under God.”

Now, here’s a text message from God. The text is Exodus 20:7. The message is: “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, fore the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.”

No comments: