Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

Heart Examination

Yesterday, a congregation voted to call an interim pastor. I was one of three candidates. Because I haven’t heard how the vote turned out, I assume I didn’t “win the election.” This is something I can leave in the Lord’s hands.

I have an appointment this morning with a cardiologist. He will examine my heart and give me good medical advice. An annual or semi-annual heart examination is probably advisable for everyone my age, but a daily heart examination by the Great Physician is crucial to good spiritual health. The psalmist prayed, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23, 24).

No comments: