Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Where the Deer and the Antelope Play

Gloria and I drove nearly 60 miles east of our house yesterday to a Kendrick Bible Church on Colorado’s high plains. We passed antelope along the way. The attendance was good, and the interest level seemed high when I preached.

After the morning service, the congregation moved to a large, modern, all-purpose building for an outstanding potluck. Those Colorado cattle ranch families eat well. A wide variety of delicious main dishes, salads, and desserts covered the serving tables. I hope my preaching fed the congregation as well as the congregation fed me.

Kendrick Bible Church is looking for an interim pastor. Apparently I was “Jim in the middle.” A candidate preached last week, and another candidate is scheduled for next Sunday. I assume the congregation will choose one of us.

I have never been a candidate in an elect-an-interim-pastor contest, so it will be interesting to see what develops. John McCain, who is about my age, didn’t do well in the presidential election. If age matters to the congregation, I may not fare well. Nevertheless, the Lord is the Chief Shepherd, and when He puts forth His sheep, He goes before them (John 10:4). I will trust Him to place me among the sheep and lambs He wants me to feed.

1 comment:

Jim Marr said...

God's blessings to you and Gloria. I pray He will make His path clear concerning this church in Kendrick.

Jim