Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reasons to Rejoice

Often, when I feel discouraged and start planning a pity party, I reflect on reasons to rejoice.

• Christ has saved me. I am forgiven and I am a child of God.
• My heavenly Father loves me and has promised to take good care of me.
• I possess a title deed to a beautiful chunk of real estate in Heaven.
• Everything that happens to me has been approved by my Father in Heaven for my good and His glory.
• Suffering is temporary; life with Christ is eternal.
• God has blessed me with a wonderful family and good friends.
• The Bible brims with promises to pick and chew on.
• Christ is with me always.
• Things are only things.

From How to Handle Life’s Hurts by Jim Dyet © 2005, Regular Baptist Press

No comments: