Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Friday, December 21, 2007

A Nice Surprise



A nice surprise arrived in yesterday’s mail. I received four copies of IT'S A GOD THING AND OTHER POPULAR CHRISTIAN MISCONCEPTIONS, a book I wrote for Cook Communications Ministries. The surprise? The book has been translated into Korean.
Several years ago, one of my books was translated into Chinese. What fun then and now to see my name in an Asian language!

I can’t speak a lick of Chinese or Korean, but my books can minister to a couple of major language groups in addition to English-language readers. I am hopeful spiritual fruit will abound.

Isn’t it good to know God’s love extends to all people? John 3:16 links this love to the gift of God’s Son and promises whoever believes in His Son “shall not perish but have eternal life.”

At Christmas and always, let’s recall the angel’s message to humble shepherds on a Judean hillside: “I bring you good news of great joy that will be to all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10, 11).

In heaven a great multitude of internationals will join in singing praise to the One who was born so long ago to be our Savior. And know what? If I stand next to Korean and Chinese believers on that day, I will be able to understand them.

No comments: