Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Friday, January 18, 2008

My Spiritual Birthday

January 18 holds great significance for me. Fifty-six years ago, on January 18, I became a Christian. About a thousand teenagers and I had gathered at the Armoury in St. Catharines, Ontario, to view the Bill Pierce film, “The Gathering Storm.” While viewing this film, I was impressed with the victorious faith of Korean Christians when tested by militant Communists. That night, I knelt by my bed and received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. Less than two years later, I enrolled at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, to study for the ministry.

I became a pastor at age 22, and have never lost the wonder of the salvation message. Jesus loved even me, died for my sins, and arose triumphantly from the grave. Nor have I tired of proclaiming this message. It is “the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16).

I will be engaged in pastoral visitation today in the vicinity of Penrose, Colorado, about 35 miles southwest of Colorado Springs, and I will be taking the message of salvation with me. It is as relevant now as it was 56 years ago!

No comments: