Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Life Goes On

I mentioned yesterday that a patient declared dead gained consciousness, conversed with her sons and me, and even sang a resurrection hymn word for word. I visited her yesterday. She was tired, and her throat and mouth were dry, but she was in good spirits.

As I was leaving the hospital room, I met the surgeon who had declared her dead. He looked bewildered. “I don’t understand what happened,” he said. “She was gone. I have never seen such a thing. I asked other surgeons if they had ever witnessed such an event, and they all said ‘no”’

I replied, “It just proves that ultimately the Lord is in charge of life and death.”

Tomorrow, I will visit this remarkable Christian woman again. But today I played 9 holes with a young neighbor and two of his friends at the oldest public golf course west of the Mississippi. The temperature was near 70, the sun was bright, the sky was blue, and my game was hot. I shot 41 from the back tees. Not bad for a 72-year-old guy!

After golf, I drove to the airport to bring home my next-door neighbors. They had spent two weeks in South Carolina.

As new life colors our lawns and gardens, let’s be thankful for the new life Jesus has given to us. It is abundant and eternal.

1 comment:

Christopher Lyon said...

Hi Jim. Great post. Really good.

However, I think it's rude of you to keep mentioning the weather in Colorado. It hurts a little.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying your blog.

Chris