Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Down Time

I have some down time this weekend. I won’t be preaching tomorrow. The right side of my nose is taped shut, and a band of tape secures a drip pad under my nose. Not a pretty sight!

Two nights this week a gushing nosebleed interrupted my sleep. Yesterday an ENT doctor diagnosed the problem. An artery had ruptured in a few places along the septum. He applied generous amounts of silver nitrate to the culprits, dressed the nasal passage, prescribed antibiotics, and ordered me to cancel all weekend activities. I was supposed to counsel an engaged couple last night, drive to Denver today, and preach tomorrow, but my plans changed. Oh well, no one would want to see me in this condition anyway.

Sitting around the house is not my modus operandi, but a quiet time may be precisely what is best. Psalm 37:23 teaches, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD.” I’m certain the Lord orders the stops as well.

No comments: