Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nose News

I seldom think about my nose, but I’ve been thinking about it often since an artery in the right nasal passage burst two days ago. I think about the pain. I think about the gauze pads and surgical tape I change every few hours. I think about the fact that I can’t preach this morning. Not only do I look bad, I also feel bad. How can such a little thing as a nose cause such big trouble? I hope those of you who know me aren’t questioning the description of my nose as “little.”

First Corinthians 12 compares the Church to the human body. Even the smallest member of the body is essential. When it hurts, the whole body hurts (v. 28a). Similarly, when one member of the Church hurts, the whole Church hurts. Every believer has a vital role to play if the Church is to be healthy and active.

As soon as my nose heals, I will be back in active ministry. My goal is to help the body of believers in Penrose be at their best for God. In the meantime, I will take it easy and be glad no one has compared me to Jimmy Durante.

No comments: