Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Empathy

Rosie, our toy poodle, is wearing a plastic funnel collar. The groomer irritated her face while shaving her a week ago, and then Rosie scratched the sensitive areas until they bled. I will be glad to see the collar come off. At the risk of sounding like Bill Clinton, I want to tell Rosie, “I feel your pain.”

If I feel our little dog’s pain, how much more does our Chief Shepherd feel pain when one of His sheep suffers? You may recall He asked Saul of Tarsus, “Why do you persecute me?” (Acts 9:4). He felt the injuries Saul was inflicting on His followers. Knowing Jesus cares should help ease any suffering we experience.

I will be visiting some families in Penrose today. I want to extend my thanks to them for attending our church and let them know I am available to serve them. Our church motto, “The church with a heart in the heart of Penrose,” should ring true.

Tomorrow, I will begin a series of messages on 1 and 2 Thessalonians. Monday, I have to appear at the El Paso County Courthouse for jury duty. I may not be able to post a blog Monday.

No comments: