Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Monday, April 7, 2008

An Interesting Day

It has been an interesting day.

Two lawyers questioned me and 16 other prospective jurors, but turned me loose. The case involved a lawsuit filed by an accident victim. She claims the accident caused a herniated disk and shoulder injuries. Her husband is a corrections officer.

The first question was, “Was any juror born in the United Kingdom?”

I was born in Scotland, but I don’t think either lawyer would consider that fact a negative.

Possibly they made their decision based on two facts: (1) I have had two back surgeries, and (2) a current corrections officer and two retired corrections officers attend the church I am serving as an interim pastor.

A few minutes ago, the couple I was scheduled to marry April 19 called to cancel. Their only explanation was they had found someone else to perform the ceremony. Does anyone out there need a marriage certificate?

I must confess it’s hard to deal with rejection, but we all experience it at one time or another, don’t we? Fortunately, Jesus doesn’t reject us. I’m thinking about a children’s chorus sung in Sunday school many years ago.

“Jesus loves me.
This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.”

No comments: