Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Spring Ritual

It must be spring for three reasons. (1) The calendar indicates it’s spring. (2) We had high winds and a trace of snow this morning. We have such weather episodes when it’s springtime in the Rockies. (3) I rearranged my office. It’s a spring ritual.

Overflowing office bookcases look neat now, because I retired a number of books to the basement. My computer and printer sit on a computer hutch now instead of on my desk. Yes, I removed books from the hutch to the basement to make room for the computer and printer. I also dusted. No, I didn’t find an archaeologist under the dust, but I unearthed some obsolete items and transferred them to the trash.

My plan is to let what I moved stay in place for a long time, or at least until spring ’09.

Someday God will effect a major global change. He will renovate the heavens and the earth, ridding them of every vestige of sin. At that time, He will land New Jerusalem on the new earth. Everything will be perfect, pleasing to Him and pleasing to us too. The apostle Peter wrote about that day in 2 Peter 3:12,13: That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat, but in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of the righteous.” The apostle John addressed this topic in Revelation 21. He wrote in verses 1 and 2: “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.”

Won’t it be wonderful to live where we don’t have to dust?

No comments: