Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Mutter and Sputter

When I was a student at Moody Bible Institute in the mid-1950s, I kept a poem taped to the door of my dormitory room. Five decades later, it is still relevant.

We mutter and sputter.
We fume and we spurt.
We mumble and grumble.
Our feelings get hurt.
We can’t understand things.
Our vision grows dim.
When all that we need
Is a moment with Him.


We may not have a ready answer for all of life’s puzzles and challenges, but our Lord has. He invites us to come to Him and promises to give us rest (Matthew 11:28).

Read Psalm 73 today, and see how the brief poem connects with it. Ponder Psalm 73:28!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent! I could have written this poem. I've thought those things so many times. But like you point out in Psalm 73:28, "But as for me, it is good to be near God."

Amen. Near Him, words flow. Far from Him, your song, your words become still.