Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

Interactive TV. Inactive Hip

I received an invitation last Friday to teach a writing class on a cruise ship for a week next year. The cruise begins at Miami and includes ports of call in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. I declined the invitation. Sometimes a good opportunity is not the right opportunity.

Our Mother’s Day family get-together Saturday included generous portions of cake, ice cream, and WiiTM bowling. I must confess I overindulged in every category. I gained weight from eating too much food, and gained a sore left hip from too much virtual bowling. It takes a while to get moving normally after rising from a chair. If a golf buddy suggests a game of golf this week, I may have to pass. For now I am on the injured reserved list.

Fortunately, my affliction isn’t serious enough to demand a visit to my doctor. I wouldn’t want to admit I injured myself on television. Patience is what I need most. A few days will surely bring relief.

Aging isn’t for sissies, is it? It is a normal part of life. However, in our pains as well as our gains, we Christians know the Lord is present with us. And someday we will be with the Lord and free from pain forever.

I wonder if we will play WiiTM games in heaven.

No comments: