Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day, but Gloria and I will observe this special day today in Denver. Our son, daughters, sons-in-law, and granddaughters will make today special. Tomorrow, Gloria and I will observe Mother’s Day at church in Penrose. In addition to preaching, I will dedicate a baby to the Lord—an appropriate Mother’s Day event.

Before today’s Mother’s Day “festivities” begin in Denver, a photographer will take a few photos of Gloria and me so we can send a photo to the Colorado Springs Gazette. We will celebrate our 50th Anniversary June 7. It should be an interesting photo, because Gloria is very photogenic and I am a photographer’s worst nightmare. I have a photo of my mother and me that was taken outside our wee stone hoos in Scotland. I was only three then, but my scowl was very mature. Apparently, my dislike of having my picture taken is a lifelong idiosyncrasy.

Fortunately, today’s photo shoot precedes lunch. Good food soothes an injured psyche.

Happy Mother’s Day tomorrow!

No comments: