Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2008 All Star Game

The 2008 All Star Game is history. It was a cliffhanger that ended with the American League winning its eleventh straight All Star Game. Not the best news for us National League Rockies fans.

The pregame gathering of Hall of Famers caught my attention. Among the notables were Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Rollie Fingers, Bill Mazeroski, Ernie Banks, George Brett, Whitey Ford, and the venerable Yogi Berra. It was apparent these baseball greats and their Hall of Fame peers had aged. But then, so have I.

Hebrews 11 lists some members of God’s hall of faith. I expect to meet them in Heaven someday. As I age, I hope to do so gracefully with daily increments of faith. And when all is said and done, baseball is just a game, whereas faith and Christian service impact eternity.

No comments: