Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Friday, January 23, 2009

Molly and Me

Poor Molly! Every time the pain of an arthritic left knee makes me grimace or groan, Molly our Maltese, runs to me and licks my face. She gets very nervous and concerned when I feel poorly. Our other dogs, Rosie and Sadie, are younger than Molly and do not show the kind of concern Molly exhibits. They were not born when I suffered a stroke in 2001. Molly came into our lives shortly after the stroke, and encouraged me to take her for a daily walk. The more I walked, the stronger I became. Obviously, she has not lost her rehab instinct.

Dogs are wonderful companions, especially if owners treat them right. Their love and loyalty are qualities believers ought to show to their heavenly Father.

P.S. I know the title should be "Molly and I," but "Marley and Me" was a big success, wasn't it?

No comments: