Books authored by Dr. James Dyet. Purchase on JamesDyet.com

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mac, Printer, Prayer

Three hours of frustration cut into my afternoon. The other day our Mac store upgraded Gloria’s Leopard computer to a snow leopard. Today, her upgraded computer wouldn’t talk to her printer. I called the Mac store. The technician said he couldn’t fix the problem, and we should call Applecare. We did. After quite awhile, the Applecare technician said Applecare could not fix the problem. We would have to call Epson. When I called Epson, I received about ten digits to call, but when I called, I heard nothing.

Back to the Mac store. This time the technician gave me a special number to reach Epson. It worked. The call was routed through California to the Philippines, where a knowledgeable female technician walked us through the process of introducing the printer to the computer. At the end of the third hour, the printer was working.

Whew! I’m glad prayer works efficiently. When we pray, we don’t have to contact Michael the Archangel and then get bounced to Gabriel and then get connected to a cherub in charge of celestial communications. Praying is so simple. We simply voice our concerns and requests to God Himself in the name of Jesus. God instructs: “Call to Me, and I will answer you” (Jeremiah 33:3).

Another good thing about prayer: no serial number required!

No comments: